Adobe’s Creative Cloud includes a vast array of tools for digital production, including audio and video editing, photo editing, and design platforms for creating flyers and brochures.
All SDSU faculty can freely access all Creative Cloud apps via their SDSUid. When logging in, select the Company or School Account option to be taken to the SDSUid login screen. All SDSU students are able to freely access all Adobe apps. Learn more here.
The Digital Humanities Center has been busy during the pandemic creating tutorials for a range of Adobe apps. These tutorials can get you started using Adobe in your classes, or assigning projects to students using Adobe apps. Each tutorial includes a short video (no more than 20 minutes), accompanying slides, and transcripts (often available in English and Spanish).
- Adobe After Effects introductory tutorial for creating animations that can be embedded in video projects (created by Lindsey Cannon, DH Center student assistant, summer 2020)
- Adobe Audition tutorials for audio editing (created by Cassie Tanks)
- Adobe Photoshop tutorials for editing photos – no videos available (created by Riki Ito, Spring 2020)
- Adobe Premiere tutorials for video editing (created by Cassie Tanks)
- Complete set of tool tutorials (created by Cassie Tanks and DH Center students)
These tutorials were created in the Spring and Summer of 2020 by Cassie Tanks, DH Center Assistant and our temporary DH student assistants, Riki Ito, Keonna Kinshasa, and Lindsey Cannon. We will continue producing more tutorials whenever possible during the 2020-2021 academic year.
New in Spring 2021: a tutorial on using FontForge (along with Adobe software) to create your own unique font. Developed by DH Center Assistant Cathy Qiu.
Got an idea for a tutorial? Email Dr. Pam Lach (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Faculty point of contact
- Pam Lach (DH Librarian). email@example.com